April 20, 2018
Warm weather and the end of the school year are two great reasons to celebrate with some fun activities. Here are some tips to help you have the best possible summer vacation while sticking to your budget:
Tips For Budget-Friendly Summer Vacations
For a budget-friendly summer vacation, you may need to trade in your week-long single-destination vacation for a series of day trips and cut back or eliminate the expense of having overnight stays. Think about choosing destinations within a few hours’ drive from your home and have just as much fun.
Staying overnight somewhere can be one of the biggest expenses of your vacation budget, so eliminating some of those costs can make the rest of your vacation budget go further. Destinations that allow camping can also be a cheaper option. State parks are great attractions that offer cheaper camping options and wonderful outdoor activities.
Plan ahead and you can make your budget go further by packing lunches and snacks for your trip. Loading up at the gas station for road snacks, or going out for fast food can lead to unnecessary spending. You can get the same things and spend a lot less money at the grocery store. Pack lunch and a cooler full of your family’s favorite drinks and pull over at a rest stop. Take a short walk, use the restrooms, and enjoy a leisurely (and inexpensive) lunch.
Enjoy Local Events In Georgia and South Carolina
Many local events or festivals are held throughout Georgia and South Carolina. These festivals are such great and fairly inexpensive experiences to have this summer! See these links for a list of local festivals throughout Georgia and South Carolina.
If you want to plan a road trip around your state, take a look that these budget-friendly vacation ideas for South Carolina and Georgia:
Vacation Ideas in Georgia
Not sure where to go this summer for a healthy dose of family fun? Check out these budget-friendly Georgia travel ideas:
- See the Otis Redding Statue at Ocmulgee Heritage Trail Gateway Park in Macon
- Watch the action at the state-of-the-art Skate Park of Athens
- Have a fun-filled day at Butts Mill Farm in Pine Mountain
- Watch a movie under the stars at the Jesup Drive-In theater
- Catch some summer events and great food in Savannah on River Street
Vacation Ideas in South Carolina
- Head to the Myrtle Beach area for the best ocean views from the SkyWheel
- Take your mini-golf game to the next level at Hawaiian Rumble in North Myrtle Beach, home to U.S. Pro Mini Golf Tour Masters
- Do you have a reptile-lover in your family? Check out the Edisto Island Serpentarium
- Nature-loving families should plan to visit a few of South Carolina’s 47 state parks
Having fun with your family doesn’t have to strain the budget. During the summer many cities and towns have festivals or weekly scheduled outdoor events which offer art, music, or just a parade. Plan ahead, focus on doing things that everyone enjoys, and take a lot of pictures along the way.
Get Additional Help With a Personal Loan
If you didn’t contribute to a vacation budget for this year and would like to take one, consider applying for a personal installment loan. Sunset Finance offers installment loans with fixed payments for a set term. This allows you to fit the loan payment into your monthly budget. Check out Sunset Finance FAQs or give us a call if you have questions.
If you would like more resources on personal finances and budgeting, check out these resources:
- Read about How To Adjust Your Budget For Rising Prices
- Download our Free Simple Monthly Budgeting Worksheet
- Check out our online resource center for more budgeting basics and more
- Learning to manage a budget becomes a fairly simple task with a bit of practice. Take a look at The Basics of Budgeting to get started.
August 31, 2018
June 03, 2022